Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kimberlee Mendoza wins Writer of the Year


This weekend I attended the San Diego Christian Writer's Conference. It is one of the largest countrywide Christian conferences in the nation. Friday night they handed out awards for best fiction, best non-fiction, best poetry AND writer of the year. When they called my name as the recipient of the "Sherwood Eliot Wirt Writer of the Year" Award. I was amazed, to say the least. It has been a really good year, and it is only getting better.

At the beginning of 2007, I published a romance about a young woman's journey into the Army called, "Reveille of the Heart." I also had two e-books accepted: "Uncharted Waters" and "A Girl Named Christmas." But the thing I'm most excited about is the young adult, "Russell Family Series." The first book comes out November 9, which just happens to be my birthday. I'm celebrating with a release Open House on Friday, November 16 at The Chapel Cafe in Spring Valley, CA. If you're around, come celebrate with me!

The first book is called, "Love Thy Sister, Guard Thy Man." A book about a Christian teenager finding her way in the world. "Oh Brother, You're Not My Keeper" and "Seek Ye First My Heart" will be out sometime in 2008. If you're young or young at heart, I hope you'll pick them up.

Now, I'm just going to hang around up here on Cloud-9 for a while, and hope you have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Kara Lynn Russell said...

Kim,
Congratulations on this great accomplishment! What a wonderful surprise!

Cindy K. Green said...

So exciting Kimberlee! Congrats to you!!

Emma Sanders said...

Congratulations on your success!!! That's wonderful!

Sarita Leone said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim.

Pastor Berlee said...

I had to laugh. Below it says, Kim says, congratulations Kim. Just for the record...there are two of us in here. I didn't congratulate myself. LOL :)