Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year’s Resolutions: looking back and looking forward



This time of year I’m always full of retrospect. The Christmas tree is sitting in the corner of the living room, half the ornaments taken off the other half in boxes, the Nativity scene is still on top of the entertainment center and I’ve started a pile of Goodwill items.

As I look back at 2007, I realize how much the old saying, “letting go and letting God”, was so much a part of last year. Over the past three years, I tried so hard to find a publisher or agent for my book, Alvarado Gold, and just couldn’t make the right “connection”. I prayed about it every morning on the way to work always asking for His will, since I work nine hour days, that’s my prayer time. In June of this year, I found TWRP. I had been given the name of another publisher and each time I looked up that name, I’d see Wild Rose Press. It kept happening over and over, finally I went to the website and as they say – the rest is history. Now looking to 2008, I’m getting ready to submit the sequel.

I think my entire family has let God lead them this year which makes me incredibly proud of my two grown daughters. My husband and I are inching toward retirement which has caused us to ask for His direction in several aspects of our lives, too.

And then there’s that twenty pounds. But that’s on every year’s resolution list.

Happy New Year!

Victoria

2 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Great post. Happy New Year. :)

Georgiana Daniels said...

Twenty pounds...I think a lot of people share that in common (actually I WISH it were 20, instead of...um...considerably more!) Happy New Year!!