Friday, December 12, 2008

More Holiday Favorites from Victoria Pitts Caine

Crispy Peanut Butter Cookies

2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.

In large bowl with electric mixer beat peanut butter and margarine until smooth. Beat in sugars, then eggs and vanilla until blended. Add flour mixture.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. On ungreased baking sheets, arrange balls 2 inches apart. With fork dipped in sugar gently flatten cookie and press crisscross pattern into top.

Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack, store in tightly covered container. Makes 6 dozen small cookies; 3 dozen large

2 comments:

Kara Lynn Russell said...

These great recipes are almost making me wish I enjoyed baking. Almost.
Kara

Laurean Brooks said...

Victoria, you have made me ravenous. And my oven is on the blink! Wonder if these would work on my George Foreman grill? Don't laugh, I'm crazy enough to try it. Especially since this sweet tooth has overpowered me.