Sunday, September 19, 2010

Silent Witness by Nicola Beaumont

White Rose author Nicola Beaumont recently made her debut with library publisher Avalon. Her book Silent Witness was recently released in their mystery line. Here's a bit about the book:

Danger. Deception. Conspiracy . . .In the shadow of forgotten memories, lies the deadly truth. The arrival of a mysterious letter turns an accident into murder and drives Nina Thomas to investigate her father's death. But what lurks in the past is a secret so deadly that searching for answers may be the last thing Nina ever does. H. Rylan Anderson has been undercover for years. Just when he's about to close the case, Nina shows up. Now he has to protect his identity, protect the girl, and keep hidden the truth about himself that threatens to shatter her life forever.To chip away the lies and unlock the mysteries hidden in her mind, Nina must learn to trust the one man who s sworn to help her . . . but how can she trust him when he may be the very soul responsible for her father s death?

I haven't finished the book so I can't do a review, but I can tell you that it will start your heart racing from page 1. I bought the book for our library and, although I couldn't resist a sneak peek, I had to hand it over to my assistant for cataloging. Otherwise I'm sure I'd be finished with it by now and probably tired from staying up late to read the last page.


This doesn't surprise me. I've always enjoyed Nicola's work. My favorite is the Gothic historical The Resurrection of Lady Somerset from The Wild Rose Press. Into the Grae, her newest White Rose book and the debut title in their Christian Gothic line is a close second.

Also available (and well worth the read) from White Rose Publishing by Nicola Beaumont:
Forever From Paris
The Lighthouse
Hyacinths in Winter






(For more information on the White Rose Christian Gothic line, read Introduction to Gothic Romance. Writers, check submission guidelines for specifics.)

4 comments:

Marianne Evans said...

I remember when Nicola announced her sale of Silent Witness! I'm so excited for her now that it's on the shelves and folks are actually getting to read it! Congratulations, Nicola, and abundant blessings!

Wendy Davy said...

This book sounds great! Congratulations Nicola!

Wendy Davy

Delia Latham said...

It sounds awesome - and I really, really like the cover.

Nicola said...

Thanks so much, ladies. I appreciate all your support.