Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Journey's of Faith and Dreams


Happy March! For this month on my personal blog, I'm asking friends to join me as we focus on "journeys." So many have fascinating stories that come from their unique life experiences.

I'd like to share an example of one WRP author's "journey", Dana Pratola~

Hello JoAnn, to answer your questions: Hmm. I thought I knew how to answer this until I started, lol. I didn't think my journey to faith was full of drama - I wasn't a drug addict or hadn't been in prison or anything like that. But looking back I guess I did have a lot of drama going on in my life. My first real awareness of God was when I was 7. I remember it as plain as yesterday. I was just back from church with my parents, it was a sunny Spring day and I was staring down at a little patch of white flowers on our side lawn. And all of a sudden I felt inside, just knew, God is here, and He loves me. I carried that with me ever since. As I grew I always had great conviction when I did something I knew wasn't right. I was raised Catholic and asked God to forgive me on a regular basis, but I didn't accept Jesus as my Savior until I was 17. My sister had gotten saved and was like a terrier trying to talk to me, pray with me... It was too much at once I thought. Finally she wore me down, lol. Well the Holy Spirit did. And me and my boyfriend (now my husband) prayed with her. It's been a long, interesting ride since.


My journey to publication or how/why I started writing: I have been writing since I can remember, as I'm sure most writers will tell you. I used to put on news shows with my friends. We made a TV out of a box and would take turns kneeling inside it and reporting. But I always had a taste for romance. I wrote, wrote, wrote... but never completed a novel until now. I didn't have money to attend a conference so a friend told me about the Muse It Up online conference and that it was free! I signed up, met with Nicola Martinez and she requested THE COVERING. She offered me a contract and now I'm telling you. God is good!
--


Thank you so much for joining us today, Dana! For those of you who may want to learn more about her, you can find her@ www.danapalooza.blogspot.com

If you enjoyed this post, you may want to stop over at my website and look at the "events calander" to see who will be sharing next. Hope to see you there~
http://home.comcast.net/~jo.glenncarter/site

1 comment:

Joy Tamsin David said...

Whoo-hoo Dana! I can't wait to see The Covering in print! :)