Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Choices, choices....


So life has become a blur of choices...

"Audrey is asleep. Do I want breakfast or a shower more?"

"Audrey is still asleep. Do I want to put away laundry or take a nap?"

"Audrey is going to be waking up any minute. Do I want to unload the dishwasher or go to the bathroom?" (just kidding... kinda!)

Don't worry, usually I choose a shower =) But wow, mommyhood is so crazy! Its so much work and the little things I took for granted all my life (like being able to go to the bathroom anytime I want! lol) are now like delightful treats...yet I can't imagine life any other way. What did I do before she was here???

For those of you who know me best, you know I bring new definition to the term "Type A" personality. I'm sooo organized, detailed, and well, uptight about schedules and lists and layouts and spreadsheets and plans and.....yeah, mommyhood doesn't really allow for that! Lists and plans help, but most of the time, the list just mocks me and my plans are just dreams for another day. But somehow, its still okay. God is teaching me so much through my precious little bundle of squishy, snuggly, smiley, smelly diapered joy. =)

She's worth every poopy diaper, every stretch mark, every failed plan and un-checked list and sleepless night. I know I'm her mama and its my new duty in life to teach her and guide her, but she's already doing the same to me =)

So life is different. I'm still me, and I still want the same things...I'm still Betsy, I'm still an author, I still have my dreams and goals for my writing career. I still love reading and writing and blogging and emailing and mexican food and Nerds and shoe shopping and working out. But now I'm also Mommy, and with that new identity comes a whole list of new responsibilities that are also important and time consuming.

Yet somehow, it's all working out. God is SO good. I firmly believe He is blessing my time and allowing me to juggle all these new things that while pregnant, I was sooo worried wouldn't work out. It's all coming together.



I know some days will be harder than others but overall, I know as long as God stays involved, we'll all be just fine!

I'm realizing I don't have to sacrifice myself and my identity, I simply (and sometimes not so simply lol) just have to embrace my new role in life and mesh everything together into a new complete package. Betsy + 1.

And I used to never like math!! =P

2 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Motherhood is the most challenging career you’ll ever have and the purest joy you’ll ever know.

Embrace, Enjoy!

God Bless all mothers.
PamT

Cindy K. Green said...

Great post, Betsy. We all know what you're going through. It's wonderful how good God is and how He works it all out. ;) Take care.