Monday, February 9, 2009

Read any good books lately?

I'm Victoria Pitts Caine and along with being an avid writer, I'm an avid reader, too. I'm sure you're like me and have a stack of TBR books on your coffee table, night stand or bookshelf - or maybe all those places and more.

Because most of us have a job at home as well as one we travel to and spend most of our day the TBR pile grows higher and higher. "Back in the day" as the kids say, I could read a book in two days, max. Now it takes me forever due to life's little interruptions. Not to mention my own little interruptions of writing books, too.

But as I carry the book around: in my purse, in my lunch bag, on the seat of my car (stop at a red light) and on the floor of my car, it becomes a friend.

Sometimes I need a friend while I wait for my human friends to join me for lunch. I definitely need a friend in the doctor's office. Both sitting in the waiting room and on the table where I've spent several hours this past month waiting for someone to look at my swollen ankle.

So I guess it is a good thing that the TBR stack never dwindles down and with all the great writers here at the White Roses in Bloom Blog how could my TBR stack ever get smaller?

When I first joined The Wild Rose Press, I purchased Pamela's, Cindy Green's, Betsy's, and Kara Lynn's books. Later followed by Kimberlee's and Georgiana's. With so many new White Roses, I want to read all of their books, too.

I even picked up a book last night when I went to buy toothpaste. I'm hopelessly lost!

Blessings,

Victoria

2 comments:

Laurean Brooks said...

Hey Vicki,

I know what you mean. There is comfort in knowing that you have a stack of good books nearby. Something to take you away from everyday stress, to soothe your nerves.

I feel honored to be one of the Wild Roses in Bloom. Such a warm group of ladies.

I'm probably the only one in the group whose first book will soon be out in print. I can't describe how it feels.

Keep that foot soaked in Epsom Salts, and prop it up. Hope your mother-in-law is better. I feel honored to know you.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

There are so many good books and so little spare time. I recently read Davis Bunn's latest - All Through the Night. I really enjoyed it.