Sunday, November 11, 2007

Victoria Pitts-Caine Shares Her Blessings



I thought I'd join in on the blessings blog as well. Here's what I'm thankful for:

1. My family. A strong Christian husband and my two Korean born daughters.
2. My home. I've always had a roof over my head and plenty of food on the table. There are so many who don't and I'm blessed that I may want more but I do not need more.
3. Talent. I'm quiet about my faith and the ability to write my stories lets me deliver that faith to others.

Excerpt from Alvarado Gold:


I backed up against the doorway to my room, shaken. My insides quivered. I always thought I was tough enough to stand up to anyone. I’d just about proven myself wrong. If it hadn’t been for Gary showing up when he did, I’d . . . .

I’d thought he’d betrayed me but yet he’d shown up as my rescue. First, I assumed it was a convenient set up between the two of them. But Donnie didn’t appear to know him, or, at least, pretended not to. It was going to take . . . What did Grandpa call it? A step of faith. If I was going to let myself trust him, I needed to apologize.



Victoria

No comments: