Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Quotes From Michael Landon

I have always admired Michael Landon. He stood for family values, integrity, compassion, and could move the viewer from tears to laughter in a matter of minutes. My earnest prayer is for the gift to pen books with the same emotion with which Michael Landon wrote his scripts. Sadly, he lost his struggle with pancreatic cancer and left this world on July 1, 1991. We lost more than we may ever know on that tragic day.

Below are a few of Michael Landon's quotes.

"Every script I've written and every series I've produced have expressed the things I most deeply believe."

"I'm not the kind of person who gives up without a fight. I will beat this cancer or die trying."

"I believe in God, family, truth between people, and the power of love."

"I think all of us, in some ways, create our own miracles."

"I want people to laugh and cry, not just sit and stare at the TV. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think viewers are hungry for shows in which people say something meaningful."

"The only thing I leave behind is good memories. I've had a good life. Enough happiness, enough success."

(Following the news of his illness). "Life has been good to me. It's not like I missed an awful lot. I've had a pretty good lick here. Every moment gets a little more important."

And my Favorite:

"Whatever you want to do, I say, 'do it!' There are only so many tomorrows."

No comments: