Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reading Resolution

Reading is my favorite pass time; I’m not sure how I let myself neglect it for so long. My keeper bookshelves are double and triple stacked. My TBR bookshelf is double stacked. I love e-books because they don’t take up any shelf space.
However, the more I write, the less time I take to actually read. I miss reading new stories and being so excited about a series I’m at the bookstore on the release date to get the newest book in the series. This year I’ve resolved to make myself take time to read again, to savor other people’s worlds, to fall in love with heroes and heroines.
Thanks to the Sony e-reader my hubby got me for Christmas, I am reading white rose novels and enjoying each and every one of them. What’s not to love, right?
If you are a reader, check out the white rose’s website, http://www.thewildrosepress.com If you are a writer, remember reading keeps the excitement of creating new worlds and stories alive.

2 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Boy you are so right, Rhonda!

It is difficult to schedule regular reading time.

That's why I go on reading binges LOL

PamT

Teri Wilson, Romancing the pet lover's soul said...

I read while I'm on the exercise bike at the gym. I read 1 or 2 books per week this way (depending on the length of the book). It also makes me look forward to exercise.

Blessings, Teri

www.teriwilson.net