Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let the Blogging Begin!


I’m going to start off the blogging by introducing myself. I’m Kara Lynn Russell and I am the author of Until Summer’s End. I also have a short regency story out in the English Tea Rose line titled “A Recipe for Love.” This holiday season, WRP will release “Nick and Noelle” in their White Rose line.

I promise to tell you more about my books and stories in my next post. For now I’ll stick with introducing myself. I’m not going to cover any of the mundane aspects of my life. You can read those for yourself in my bio on my website if you are interested. (It’s listed in the links in the sidebar) Instead I’d like to tell you why I write inspirationals.

At first, I didn’t think I could put my feelings about my faith into words. If you’ve ever listened to Garrison Keillor’s “A Prairie Home Companion” you’ll understand. I identify strongly with his stoic Lutheran characters. Like them, I was raised to be humble which makes promotion a real nightmare. We are also not known for our evangelism skills. For myself I would have to agree that preaching is not my gift.

So why write an inspirational novel? In a way it isn’t a choice. Faith is a deep and solid foundation for my life. I found that my characters often felt the same way and their faith showed up in my stories. When you read my books you may not find a “lesson” to take away with you, but I hope you will feel that your own faith is echoed and affirmed, perhaps strengthened, through them.

I would love to hear from other authors about their reasons for writing in this category. Readers, please leave a comment on why you read inspirational romance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi kara nice to meet you.. I love to read inspirational books, its just very refreshing and gives new leashes on life.
I look forward to hearing more about everyone and their works..
Jolene

Cindy K. Green said...

I love reading Inspirational. My first romances were Inspirational - Grace Livingstone Hill. I only started reading mainstream romance in the last couple years but I always return to Inspirational. Faith and romance really do go hand in hand for a fulfilling relationship.

Pastor Berlee said...

I promised God a LONG time ago that if He blessed my writing, I would only write for Him. Even in my new Climbing Roses (young adult) there is still an element of faith. "In all things, praise the Lord..."